5.17.2010

wishing....

what do you wish for in a day?
more time?
more money?
more sleep?
to feel the touch of a lost loved one?

those of you who know me personally know that i work in the area of special needs adoption, and it is something that is close to my heart. so, when i had the chance to take photos of waiting children, i jumped at the opportunity. their photos are used to help families connect with them, learn about them, and make a huge decision on whether they are able to meet their needs.

sometimes we dont need to use the photos, those kids are the lucky ones. other times we need to make sure the photos are on display for the whole world to see, because those kids wish, too. but, what they wish for is a fundamental belonging - a mom, a dad, a brother or sister. or just someone who will love them for who they are & what they have to offer to the world.

i sent her completed shoot in, and you can click here to see which one was chosen to represent her...i think it matches her personality perfectly :)

so, in honor of sweet J, who I had the privilege of photographing, wont you help spread the word? check out http://www.adoptpakids.org/ and click on the heart gallery link to learn more.




7 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures, I just put your blog in my favs - you do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J is a beauty. I don't even need to see all of her to know this.

    I have always loved special needs people as well. I love the happiness and delight they bring to the world. I love that they make so many people be kinder.

    My Grammy worked with special needs people too and she always used to tell us that kindness is something the blind can see and the deaf can hear. She was a special person. I miss her everyday!

    Fabulous work. Thank YOU for doing something kind and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. What a great thing that you're doing! Also, just wanted to say "thanks" for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I adopted from foster care and I appreciate all that you do for these kids.

    Dena
    www.redvelvetwisdom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving this week at iheartfaces! What a wonderful thing to do! I'm going to check out the website now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love all these stories about heart gallery!! 2 of our children were adopted from foster care so it means so much to us. thank you for all your work!

    ReplyDelete